CTE Resource Center - Verso - Dental Careers II Task 2053966676
Simulate assisting with a removable prosthodontics procedure.
Simulation should include
- preparing the instrument tray
- making impressions for athletic, night, occlusal, and/or snoring mouthguards and fluoride and/or bleaching trays
- cleaning and polishing removable appliances and prosthetics
- delivering pre- and post-operative instructions.
- What information would a patient need to know at a denture-delivery appointment?
- Why is it necessary to have a "try-in" appointment for most removable prosthetic appliances?
- Why is alginate impression material contraindicated for use in a final impression?
- What type of material is used to check occlusion in a removable partial denture?
- Why does a full-denture patient need to remove his or her appliance at night?
- How do the procedures of a one-day denture-delivery office compare to those in the five-to-seven appointment series of a prosthodontic office?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events