CTE Resource Center - Verso - Dental Careers II Task 2053966674
Simulate assisting with an orthodontic procedure.
Simulation should include
- preparing the instrument tray
- placing and removing elastic separators
- checking for loose bands and brackets
- removing arch wires and ligature ties
- placing ligatures to tie in archwire
- selecting and fitting bands and brackets for cementation by the dentist
- instructing patients in the placement and removal of retainers and appliances after the dentist has fitted and made adjustments in the mouth
- delivering pre- and post-operative instructions.
- What are at least three orthodontic instruments? How would you describe them?
- What term is used for abnormal occlusion?
- What tooth determines a person's occlusion?
- What gypsum product is most commonly used for fabricating diagnostic models in an orthodontic practice?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events