CTE Resource Center - Verso - Dental Careers II Task 2053966671
Simulate assisting with basic oral surgery procedures.
Simulation should include
- preparing the instrument tray
- selecting materials and disposals
- placing and removing post-extraction dressings
- monitoring bleeding
- demonstrating the passing of instruments
- demonstrating irrigation and suction
- demonstrating and maintaining the field of operation
- removing sutures
- demonstrating the treatment of dry socket
- delivering pre- and post-operative instructions.
- Is a general dentist permitted to perform a surgical extraction? Why, or why not?
- What number is given to the universal forceps?
- What is the purpose of an elevator?
- What equipment is used when performing a surgical scrub?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events