CTE Resource Center - Verso - Dental Careers II Task 2053966669
Assist with an amalgam procedure.
Assistance should include
- preparing the instrument tray
- placing and removing matrices
- mixing and manipulating bases, cements, and amalgam
- placing amalgam
- polishing amalgam with a slow-speed hand piece with a prophy cup
- placing and removing the rubber dam
- disposing of amalgam
- delivering pre- and post-operative instructions.
- What are at least three hand-cutting instruments? How would you describe them?
- What instruments are found on an amalgam tray setup?
- Why is calcium hydroxide used?
- What is the purpose of the matrix band and retainer?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events