Outline governmental health and safety standards for use of radiographic equipment.
DefinitionOutline should include
- recommended total filtration for X-ray machines
- recommended diameter used with collimator
- local, state, and federal health and safety standards
- role that licensed dentists have in ensuring that radiation exposure to patients and staff is as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA)
- inherent health risks associated with radiation and basic rules of radiation safety as outlined by the Dental Assisting National Board Inc. (DANB) Radiation Health Safety exam blueprint.
- What filtration should be on the radiation machine?
- What is the required diameter of the collimator?
- How often should the radiation machine be inspected?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will demonstrate knowledge of the process by which public policy is made by
- examining different perspectives on the role of government;
- describing how the national government influences the public agenda and shapes public policy;
- describing how the state and local governments influence the public agenda and shape public policy;
- describing the process by which policy is implemented by the bureaucracy at each level;
- analyzing how individuals, interest groups, and the media influence public policy;
- formulating and practicing a course of action to address local and/or state issues.