Describe various drugs used in dentistry.
Description should include the signs, symptoms, and schedules of
- atropine sulfate
- nitrous oxide
- What dangers may exist when using vasoconstrictors on patients?
- What role does nitrous play in managing patient anxiety?
- What would you do if a patient who is supposed to premedicate presents without premedicating?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.