Explain the major routes of drug administration.
Explanation should include the following routes:
- What is the most common drug administration route used in dentistry?
- What would you do in the case of a patient who is to receive nitrous but cannot breathe from his or her nose at the time due to allergies or a cold?
- What specialties in dentistry require the use of intravenous drug administration?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.