Describe the signs and symptoms of drug abuse.
Description should include the signs and symptoms of abuse of the following substances:
- Narcotic analgesics
- What might you say to a patient, doctor, or coworker who constantly wears long sleeves despite very warm weather?
- What might you say to a patient who smells of alcohol?
- What are the oral manifestations or signs of methamphetamine abuse?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.