Explain the basic medical emergency procedures and rules for a dental office.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- update of patient health history forms
- emergency preparedness strategies
- emergency standards for dental personnel
- written procedures and training for emergencies regarding anesthesia, sedation, and analgesia as outlined in the Commonwealth of Virginia Regulations Governing Dental Practice page 23 18VAC60-20-107 revised May 7, 2014.
- What should you do if a patient begins to have a seizure in the dental chair?
- What should you do to prepare the office for emergency procedures?
- What steps could you take to alert other dental office staff of a patient's medical conditions without violating HIPAA?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.