Describe the medication management antidote used to prevent fatal opioid overdoses.
Description should include
- availability and use of naloxone
- naloxone training (e.g., REVIVE!)
- naloxone training agencies
- monitoring of concurrent prescriptions.
- What is naloxone?
- How much does naloxone cost with health insurance? How much does naloxone cost without health insurance?
- Who should receive naloxone training?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
The student will analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and organize information from a variety of credible resources to produce a research product.
- Frame, analyze, and synthesize information to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze information gathered from diverse sources by identifying misconceptions, main and supporting ideas, conflicting information, point of view, or bias.
- Critically evaluate the accuracy, quality, and validity of the information.
- Cite sources for both quoted and paraphrased ideas using a standard method of documentation, such as that of the Modern Language Association (MLA) or the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Define the meaning and consequences of plagiarism and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.