Maintain inventory of operational supplies.
Maintenance should include
- explaining and accurately following the procedure for the procurement of supplies and inventory
- explaining the importance of appropriate supply inventory levels and the need to avoid hoarding supplies
- identifying supplies that have been under-ordered or over-ordered and describing the procedures for balancing drug inventory.
- How should a pharmacy technician handle a situation in which a drug or supply is not available to the pharmacy on a short-term basis? On a long-term basis?
- What are common methods for systematically checking for expiration dates and ordering of needed supplies?
- What are the methods to determine whether supplies have been over ordered and identify procedures for balancing the inventory?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.