Communicate with representatives of pharmaceutical and equipment suppliers.
Communication involves using written, oral, and electronic communication channels to ensure appropriate follow-up and resolution of problems such as product recalls and supplier shorts.
- What is the role of pharmaceutical sales representatives or professional medical representatives (PMR) in various practice settings?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of direct purchasing?
- Are pharmaceutical and equipment suppliers allowed in the pharmacy area? Why, or why not?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.