Communicate with a patient to determine if the patient needs/wants counseling with the pharmacist.
DefinitionCommunication should be accomplished in accordance with
- customer service principles
- patient confidentiality guidelines
- legal requirements
- professional standards.
- What are some effective communication techniques to determine if a patient desires/requires counseling?
- What cues from the patient might indicate that counseling about medications and/or medical equipment by the pharmacist is needed?
- Why is patient counseling restricted to pharmacists?
- Why is patient counseling important?
- What regulation governs patient counseling?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Medical Law and Ethics
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Examination Required Knowledge
I. Assisting the Pharmacist in Serving Patients