Differentiate among the types of medical care delivery systems.
DefinitionDifferentiation should include
- emergency medical services
- primary care physicians' offices
- hospital emergency rooms
- urgent care centers
- community health clinics
- free clinics
- home health care
- assisted living facilities, nursing homes, independent living facilities, and retirement centers
- rehabilitation centers
- hospice care
- public health facilities
- ambulatory facilities
- mental health centers
- physical and occupational therapy offices
- Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- What are the differences in the type of medical care given by each of the various medical care delivery systems?
- How does a community benefit from having a variety of healthcare delivery systems?
- What types of career opportunities are available within the various types of healthcare delivery systems?
- What are the differences among assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and independent living facilities?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.