CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 885059659
Review the requisition for testing requirements and patient identity.
Review should include comprehension of the following:
- An ECG requisition form is a formal order from a physician to have a test performed.
- A patient care technician is required to introduce himself/herself to the patient and have his/her identification badge visible.
- A patient care technician should verify a patient’s identity using all the facilities-appropriate patient identifiers, according to National Safety Standards.
Sample requisition form
- What are two things that a patient care technician should ask to verify a patient's identity according to National Safety Standards?
- What items will be on a testing requisition?
- What implant devices must be documented if a patient has it on a requisition form?