CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 604177955
Provide emotional support for patients and their families while performing patient care.
Provision should include
- coping mechanisms for patients and families dealing with grief, death, and dying
- care related to the special-needs patient (e.g., physically, sensory, cognitively, and/or mentally impaired)
- one-on-one care for patients who are at risk of suicide.
- What special considerations are there as you perform postmortem care on your patient who was a Muslim?
- What is your next action if your patient tells you he/she wishes he/she were dead?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Transcultural Health Care
Health Professions Events