CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 604177953
Assist with activities of daily living (ADL).
Assistance should include
- providing basic patient care under the direction of nursing staff (e.g., bathing, bed making, catheter care, transfer, assisting with ADLs)
- keeping the patient's environment clean.
- How much assistance will your patient need with bathing and oral care if he/she cannot move his/her dominant side following a stroke?
- How can you assist a primary caregiver with the ADL schedule if your patient has a plan to be discharged to home?
- What strategies can a patient care technician use to assist patients and their families to meet ADL needs upon discharge (e.g., bathing, dressing, feeding, using assistive devices as needed)?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Transcultural Health Care
Health Professions Events