CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 604177948
Obtain vital signs.
Obtaining vital signs should include monitoring and recording
- blood pressure (manually)
- blood pressure (electronically)
- pulse (manually)
- pulse (electronically)
- apical pulse
- apical-radial deficit
- respirations (manually)
- respirations (electronically)
- pulse oximetry.
- When obtaining a blood pressure measurement, how do you know if the cuff is correctly sized?
- What portion of the cardiac cycle is represented in the systolic blood pressure measurement? Diastolic blood pressure measurement?
- What are three instances when you would need to immediately notify the patient’s assigned nurse?
- During blood transfusion, what changes in vital signs indicate a possible transfusion reaction?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events