Identify the major structures and functions of the urinary system.
DefinitionIdentification should include the structures and functions of the urinary system as follows:
- The kidneys function to produce urine.
- The ureters convey urine from the kidneys to the bladder.
- The bladder functions to hold urine.
- The urethra conveys urine to the outside of the body.
- What are nephrons?
- How many nephrons does each kidney contain?
- What makes up urine?
- What lab test describes kidney function?
- Why is this test important to a diagnosis?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.