Identify the major structures and functions of the reproductive system.
DefinitionIdentification should include structures in the male and female reproductive system as follows:
- The penis functions to deposit semen.
- The testes function to produce sperm and testosterone.
- The scrotum functions to hold the testicles.
- The ovaries function to produce eggs.
- The fallopian tubes function as a pathway for an egg and a sperm.
- The uterus functions as an organ of reproduction.
- How is herpes type II different from herpes type I?
- Where is the egg fertilized by the sperm in the fallopian tube?
- What is the importance of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.