Identify the major structures and functions of the circulatory system.
DefinitionIdentification should include the types of structures, and functions of blood vessels and circulation:
- Arteries function to carry blood away from the heart.
- Veins function to carry blood back to the heart.
- Capillaries function to carry blood between the arterial and venous vessels.
- What is the effect of dehydration on the circulatory system?
- What is the effect of hemorrhage on the circulatory system?
- Why do humans have veins and arteries?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.