CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 2059901344
Identify needs related to death and dying. (Required for certification by Virginia Board of Nursing)
Identification should include
- Kubler-Ross theory of death and dying
- personal feelings (e.g., client/resident, family, staff)
- characteristics of the stages of death and dying
- physical changes
- signs and symptoms of approaching death
- care of the dying client/resident
- hospice care
- postmortem care.
- How would you describe the Kubler-Ross theory of death and dying?
- How would you explore the impact of religious beliefs on death and dying?
- How would you identify each stage of death and dying and describe the characteristics associated with each stage?
- What are the influences of various cultures on grief?
- How could you determine the physical signs of approaching death (e.g., loss of muscle tone, breathing difficulty, circulatory failure, loss of senses)?
- What is the nursing care for the client/resident approaching death?
- How would you prioritize nursing care for the client/resident approaching death (e.g., comfort measures, communication techniques)?
- What is the philosophy of hospice care for the client/resident and family?
- How can nursing staff maintain client/resident dignity in providing postmortem care?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events