Explain the importance of standard and transmission-based precautions.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- ways diseases are transmitted
- ways to prevent transmission
- chain of infection
- bloodborne pathogens standards
- standard precautions per CDC protocol
- hand hygiene
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- types of isolation.
- What is the chain of infection?
- What PPE goes with each type of isolation?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.