CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 1596691741
Assist with reapplication of oxygen therapy.
Assistance should be performed using a nasal cannula or face mask while keeping the following in mind:
- Patients with sudden changes in their vital signs, level of consciousness, or behavior may be experiencing profound hypoxia.
- Oxygen is a drug and should be given only when ordered by a medical officer, by a registered nurse, or as a nurse-initiated order in an emergency situation.
- Oxygen therapy is given to maintain oxygen saturations above 95 percent.
- Who must initiate the order for oxygen?
- Is a patient care technician allowed to apply the oxygen therapy?