CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 1596691738
Assist the patient with coughing and deep-breathing exercises.
Assistance should be performed to achieve the following:
and should be documented according to the following guidelines in the clinical record:
- Clear lungs, bronchi, and trachea of secretions and ventilation
- Loosen secretions and promote more effective coughing and deep breathing
- Date, time, and procedure performed
- The patient's ability to perform the procedure
- Sputum characteristics
- The patient's tolerance of the procedure
- What is the main purpose of performing coughing and deep breathing exercises?
- What is the correct patient position for the procedure?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events