CTE Resource Center - Verso - Patient Care Technician Task 1596691735
Maintain skin integrity.
Maintenance should include
- using creams
- applying a moisture barrier
- using devices to prevent skin breakdown (e.g., air mattresses, draw sheets)
- identifying and reporting changes in skin integrity.
- What are the four bony prominences over which pressure ulcers can form?
- What type of force is injuring your patient's skin integrity when he/she slides down in bed?
- If you notice a quarter size reddened area on a patient's ankle when helping to admit him/her to the unit, what should you do?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events