Describe the effects of the normal aging process on major body systems.
DefinitionDescription should include
- physical changes of body systems
- emotional changes
- social changes
- diseases related to aging
- safety issues related to aging
- nutritional needs related to aging.
- What is the impact of aging on family dynamics and interactions?
- What are examples of health changes in older adults? In what ways do these changes affect them?
- What strategies might the older adult use to promote his or her good health?
- What would you include in your teaching plan for the older adult related to safety and security needs?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.