Identify the major structures and functions of the integumentary system.
DefinitionIdentification should include the names and descriptions of the layers of the skin, as well as the function of the skin.
- What is the body’s first line of defense?
- What are the layers of the skin? How are they similar or different?
- How can the sun be harmful to the integumentary system? Can the sun also be helpful? Explain.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand life functions of Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. Key concepts include
- comparison of their metabolic activities;
- maintenance of homeostasis;
- how the structures and functions vary among and within the Eukarya kingdoms of protists, fungi, plants, and animals, including humans;
- human health issues, human anatomy, and body systems;
- how viruses compare with organisms; and
- evidence supporting the germ theory of infectious disease.