Calculate doses of medications.
- conversion factors for the following systems
- household measures
- What circumstances would allow the use of household measures in dosing of medications?
- Why is accuracy in dosage calculation so critical?
- What are some methods for ensuring accurate dosage calculations?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the civilizations of Persia, India, and China in terms of chronology, geography, social structures, government, economy, religion, and contributions to later civilizations by
- locating Persia in time and place, including Zoroastrianism and the development of an imperial bureaucracy;
- locating India in time and place, including its origins, early development, and the debate over the Aryan migrations;
- describing the origins, beliefs, traditions, customs, and spread of Hinduism;
- describing the origins, beliefs, traditions, customs, and spread of Buddhism;
- locating China in time and place, including the development of an empire and the construction of the Great Wall; and
- describing the impact of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism.
The student will apply social science skills to understand the Islamic civilization from about 600 to 1000 A.D. (C.E.) by
- describing the origin, location, beliefs, traditions, customs, and spread of Islam, with emphasis on the Sunni-Shi’a division and the Battle of Tours;
- assessing the influence of geography on Islamic economic, social, and political development, including the impact of conquest and trade; and
- explaining the cultural and scientific contributions and achievements of Islamic civilization.
- represent verbal quantitative situations algebraically; and
- evaluate algebraic expressions for given replacement values of the variables.
- multistep linear and quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- literal equations for a specified variable;
- systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically and graphically; and
- practical problems involving equations and systems of equations.