Conduct a self-assessment to determine career interests in the healthcare field.
- assist the student regarding
- determining goals
- personal preferences
- sources of satisfaction
- interpersonal strengths
- academic interests
- work or volunteer experience
- correlate to a variety of healthcare professions that require different types of skills and work habits.
Tools for self-assessment may include
- What types of careers in the healthcare field interest you? How do your personal skills and abilities match those needed in these careers?
- What personal qualities or characteristics are needed to work in the healthcare field?
- What healthcare careers are currently the most marketable?
- What trends may affect healthcare career opportunities in the foreseeable future?