Examine cells to determine the quantity of and/or to look for abnormal cells in blood and other body fluids and tissues.
Examination should include analysis of prepared slides of specimens indicating
- What diseases are associated with an abnormal blood cell count?
- What is septicemia? How is it diagnosed?
- How do cancer cells differ in appearance from normal cells?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the impact of the European Age of Exploration by
- explaining the political and economic goals of European exploration and colonization;
- describing the geographic expansion into Africa, Asia, and the Americas;
- comparing and contrasting the social and cultural influences of European settlement on Africa, Asia, and the Americas;
- analyzing how competition for colonies changed the economic system of Europe; and
- defining and describing how the Scientific Revolution led to social and technological changes that influenced the European view of the world.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.