Examine body fluids and cells for bacteria, parasites, and other microorganisms.
Examination should include
- viewing prepared slides or kits of body tissues and fluid
- determining the presence of bacteria, parasites, and other microorganisms.
- How do medical laboratory professionals differentiate between normal flora and pathogenic organisms?
- How do medical laboratory professionals differentiate between the different types and classifications of bacteria?
- What test would be used to rule out parasitic infections?
- What is a C&S?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the impact of the European Age of Exploration by
- explaining the political and economic goals of European exploration and colonization;
- describing the geographic expansion into Africa, Asia, and the Americas;
- comparing and contrasting the social and cultural influences of European settlement on Africa, Asia, and the Americas;
- analyzing how competition for colonies changed the economic system of Europe; and
- defining and describing how the Scientific Revolution led to social and technological changes that influenced the European view of the world.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Explain the healthcare worker’s role within their department, their organization, and the overall healthcare system.