Demonstrate the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safe workplace practices.
Demonstration should include
- high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) or N95 masks
- eye protection/face shields
- shoe and head coverings
- resuscitation devices.
Workplace demonstration should include the
- use of waste receptacles
- use of sharps containers
- use of needleless devices.
- When must healthcare workers wear a HEPA mask, eye protection, face shields, gloves, gown, and shoe and head coverings? Why is each important?
- How do needleless devices work? Why are they important in the healthcare setting?
- Why are both PPE and personal protective workplace practices essential in the healthcare environment?
- What is the proper sequence for putting on PPE?
- What is the proper sequence for removing PPE?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.
Analyze the legal and ethical responsibilities, limitations and implications of actions within the healthcare workplace