Demonstrate hand hygiene procedures.
DefinitionDemonstration should include the use of soap and water and hand sanitizers.
- Why is it important to apply adequate friction when washing one's hands?
- What are the similarities and differences between hand washing and hand sanitation in maintaining hand hygiene?
- Why might the amount of time needed for hand hygiene vary from one situation to another?
- What would the healthcare worker do if soap and water were not available to wash hands?
- What is the difference between a medical hand wash and a surgical hand wash?
- What microbes are alcohol-based hand sanitizers unable to remove?
- Per the CDC, in the healthcare setting, why would an alcohol-based hand sanitizer be the preferred method for cleaning hands when they are not visibly dirty?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Identify existing and potential hazards to clients, coworkers, visitors, and self in the healthcare workplace.