Identify career goals.
Identification should include goal statements that reflect the steps in the goal-setting process and an action plan for implementing each goal.
- What is the difference between short-term and long-term goals? Why is it important to have both?
- What factors may influence career goals?
- What are the consequences of making/not making thoughtful career choices?
- Why is it important to formulate career goals in writing?
- How and why may career goals and strategies be communicated to others?
- What leadership qualities are reflected in long-term career goals?
- What are some motivational techniques that help achieve short-term and long-term goals?
- What are the steps in the goal-setting process?
- What is the relationship between career goals and objectives or strategies?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Manage physical space to maintain a learning environment that is safe and healthy and encourages physical activity.