Identify career goals.
Identification should include goal statements that reflect the steps in the goal-setting process and an action plan for implementing each goal.
- What is the difference between short-term and long-term goals? Why is it important to have both?
- What factors may influence career goals?
- What are the consequences of making/not making thoughtful career choices?
- Why is it important to formulate career goals in writing?
- How and why may career goals and strategies be communicated to others?
- What leadership qualities are reflected in long-term career goals?
- What are some motivational techniques that help achieve short-term and long-term goals?
- What are the steps in the goal-setting process?
- What is the relationship between career goals and objectives or strategies?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Family Ties
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Manage physical space to maintain a learning environment that is safe and healthy and encourages physical activity.