Apply ethical standards accepted by professional organizations that are associated with early childhood.
Application may include
- analysis of the code of ethics for national professional organizations (e.g., National Association for the Education of Young Children [NAEYC])
- responses to questions that accompany case studies or scenarios focusing on professional practices and ethical standards.
- What types of ethical standards, guidance, and support are available from professional organizations?
- What federal and state laws and regulations are related to working with children?
- What steps should be taken to ensure that ethical standards are followed in the early childhood center?
- What practices are examples of ethical behavior?
- What leadership skills are needed to demonstrate ethical behavior?
- Who would be most adversely affected by a lack of ethical practices among early childhood professionals?
- What ethical practices should be used in early childhood programs?
- What recordkeeping is required to document adherence to federal, state, and local regulations related to early childhood centers?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Apply professional ethical standards as accepted by the recognized professional organizations.