Apply ethical standards accepted by professional organizations that are associated with early childhood.
Application may include
- analysis of the code of ethics for national professional organizations (e.g., National Association for the Education of Young Children [NAEYC])
- responses to questions that accompany case studies or scenarios focusing on professional practices and ethical standards.
- What types of ethical standards, guidance, and support are available from professional organizations?
- What federal and state laws and regulations are related to working with children?
- What steps should be taken to ensure that ethical standards are followed in the early childhood center?
- What practices are examples of ethical behavior?
- What leadership skills are needed to demonstrate ethical behavior?
- Who would be most adversely affected by a lack of ethical practices among early childhood professionals?
- What ethical practices should be used in early childhood programs?
- What recordkeeping is required to document adherence to federal, state, and local regulations related to early childhood centers?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Family Ties
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Apply professional ethical standards as accepted by the recognized professional organizations.