Evaluate curricula and instructional models used in early childhood settings.
DefinitionEvaluation should be made after comparing curricula and instructional models such as Montessori, High Scope, Creative Curriculum, Bank Street, Reggio Emilia, Emergent, and Direct Instruction.
- What are the components of curriculum and instructional models for early childhood settings?
- What criteria should be considered in choosing a curriculum?
- How will information about curriculum choice be shared with staff and parents?
- How can the importance of curriculum choice be communicated?
- What are the local, state, and federal guidelines for curriculum choice in early childhood settings?
- How can participating in curriculum planning help an early childhood professional understand the child development more fully?
- What is the process for evaluating the components of curriculum?
- What type of recordkeeping will be used to manage the curriculum?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Family Ties
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Analyze a variety of curriculum and instructional models.