Participate in opportunities for professional development.
Participation should include
- continuing postsecondary education and training
- attending staff training opportunities
- attending professional development opportunities
- mentoring and coaching on-site (e.g., in a high school program).
- What continuing education is required for licensing?
- Besides early childhood education, what other occupations exist within the childcare industry? What education is needed for them?
- What steps should be taken to participate in continuing education and training?
- What are the benefits of completing continuing education and training?
- What are the consequences of not completing continuing education and training?
- What are the basic criteria for meeting the state standards regarding continuing education and training?
- What circumstances led to the establishment of continuing education and training requirements for early childhood professionals?
- What factors should be considered when selecting continuing education and training opportunities?
- What steps should be taken to develop a plan for keeping and maintaining records of continuing education and training completed?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Family Ties
Power of One: Take the Lead
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Explore opportunities for continuing training and education.