Participate in opportunities for professional development.
Participation should include
- continuing postsecondary education and training
- attending staff training opportunities
- attending professional development opportunities
- mentoring and coaching on-site (e.g., in a high school program).
- What continuing education is required for licensing?
- Besides early childhood education, what other occupations exist within the childcare industry? What education is needed for them?
- What steps should be taken to participate in continuing education and training?
- What are the benefits of completing continuing education and training?
- What are the consequences of not completing continuing education and training?
- What are the basic criteria for meeting the state standards regarding continuing education and training?
- What circumstances led to the establishment of continuing education and training requirements for early childhood professionals?
- What factors should be considered when selecting continuing education and training opportunities?
- What steps should be taken to develop a plan for keeping and maintaining records of continuing education and training completed?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Take the Lead
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Explore opportunities for continuing training and education.