Facilitate developmentally appropriate learning experiences in all curriculum areas.
Facilitation should include
- program goals and learning objectives
- content in all subject areas
- a variety of lesson plans for each subject area with associated assessments.
- What are the basic curriculum areas that need to be addressed in an early childhood educational setting?
- How does the teaching of skills across all developmental domains (e.g., physical, cognitive, and social) allow children to grow?
- What criteria should be used when deciding which learning experiences are the most appropriate for individual students?
- How will it be communicated to parents and staff that teaching skills across the curriculum as opposed to in isolation (e.g., math lessons, science lessons, and alphabet) is developmentally appropriate?
- What is the expected outcome when preschool children are offered developmentally appropriate learning experiences in all curriculum areas simultaneously?
- What are local, state, and federal trends regarding curriculum areas for preschool children?
- How will daily activities be managed to ensure that all developmental domains are being addressed?
- What are the procedures for writing a developmentally appropriate lesson plan that will address the concept of teaching across the curriculum?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
A Better You
Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national website for Skill Events
Check the national website for online events
Early Childhood Education
Focus on Children
National Programs in Action
Teach and Train
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Implement learning activities in all curriculum areas that meet the developmental needs of learners.