Identify characteristics of adverse childhood experiences.
Identification should include examples such as parents struggling with opioid addiction, trauma, and abuse.
- What are some of the adverse conditions affecting families today?
- How do problems within the family affect the child?
- What are signs that a child is in a crisis at home?
- How can early childhood professionals relay their concerns for a child to the parents?
- Who in the community should be notified if the teacher and/or director has concerns for the child’s safety?
- How can childcare centers use their influence to help children dealing with difficult situations at home?
- What community resources are available for parents dealing with adverse experiences?