Describe point-of-sale procedures.
Description should include
- defining point-of-sale
- explaining marketing strategies, upselling, and highlighting.
- What selling techniques influence the average check amount?
- How do the marketing skills of service staff affect average check amount?
- Why is a positive attitude and good behavior by staff critical to sales?
- How do active listening skills contribute to sales?
- How do point-of-sale procedures contribute to overall profit?
- How does point-of-sale expertise benefit a server's career and lead to monetary gain?
- What are some examples of point-of-sale incentives that will increase the average check?
- How does a manager evaluate incentives that will motivate employees?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will apply knowledge of word origins, derivations, and figurative language to extend vocabulary development in authentic texts.
- Use structural analysis of roots, affixes, synonyms, and antonyms, to understand complex words.
- Use context, structure, and connotations to determine meanings of words and phrases.
- Discriminate between connotative and denotative meanings and interpret the connotation.
- Explain the meaning of common idioms, and literary and classical allusions in text.
- Extend general and cross-curricular vocabulary through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate implementation of food service management and leadership functions.