Demonstrate mise en place for the restaurant kitchen.
Demonstration should include
- practicing measuring techniques
- organizing a workstation
- maintaining a clean work area
- adhering to safety and sanitation regulations
- adhering to the production schedule.
- What is the purpose of mise en place?
- Why is mise en place important to the efficiency of the kitchen?
- Why are effective communication skills needed by back-of-the-house staff regarding the setup of mise en place?
- What skills are needed to ensure effective communication?
- Why is teamwork necessary for mise en place?
- How is leadership important to the overall success of the team?
- What is the kitchen manager's role in mise en place?
- How can a kitchen manager aid problem solving and workflow?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.