Prepare a variety of pies and tarts, using various scratch-made crusts.
Preparation should include
- making crumb, flaky, and mealy crusts
- producing different types of pies (e.g., fruit, cream, custard, specialty).
- What is the difference between a pie and a tart?
- What are the differences between the methods used to make each crust?
- How can the type of crusts and/or fillings be determined?
- What training is required to make pies and tarts?
- Who determines the type of pies and tarts to be made?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.