Decorate cakes for special occasions.
Decoration should include
- making American-style special occasion cakes (e.g., birthday, anniversary)
- using multitier cake construction (e.g., stacking, tiered)
- using a pastry bag and tip according to standard procedures
- costing a special occasion cake to determine sales price.
- What are some examples of special occasion cakes?
- How are special occasion cakes designed?
- Who determines what technique is to be used for the design on the cake?
- Who decides what to charge for special occasion cakes?
- What factors should be considered when deciding a price for special occasion cakes?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.