Use standardized recipes for preparing large quantities of food.
Use should include
- accurate conversion of standardized recipes to accommodate large numbers using various cooking methods for production
- maintaining holding temperatures.
- How does the quantity of food being prepared affect cooking-method decisions?
- What are some possible consequences when changing a standardized recipe to serve more people?
- What preparation steps need to be communicated when preparing large quantities of food?
- How can active listening skills benefit staff working to prepare large quantities of food?
- What is the role of time management in quantity food preparation?
- What is the role of teamwork in quantity food preparation?
- What equipment needs may arise when preparing large quantities of food?
- What management qualities are essential when directing the preparation of large quantities of food?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.