Demonstrate mise en place for large-quantity food preparation.
Demonstration should include
- organizing a workstation
- maintaining a clean work area
- adhering to safety and sanitation regulations
- creating a production schedule
- adhering to the production schedule.
- Why is mise en place important to quantity food preparation?
- What temperature guidelines, equipment, and small wares must be considered in setup?
- Why is it important to communicate time and temperature guidelines to prep staff?
- Why is a prep list needed for preparing quantity foods?
- Why is staff cooperation essential to quantity food production?
- Who is responsible for developing PAR levels?
- What staff planning is needed for quantity food preparation?
- Why is evaluation of outcomes an important management process?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate professional food preparation methods and techniques for all menu categories to produce a variety of food products that meet customer needs.