Finish cakes and pastries, using a variety of fillings and icings.
Finishing should include
- filling and icing American-style and European-style round and sheet cakes
- employing various icing, glazes, simple syrup, and ganaches to enrobe cakes and French pastries.
- What are techniques for finishing cakes?
- What are some differences between American and European styles?
- How does one determine which technique will be used?
- What does finish style communicate about the dessert?
- What procedures are used in the finishing of cakes and pastries?
- Who decides which procedures and what products are to be used?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.