Prepare a variety of fillings and icings.
Preparation should include butter creams, ganaches, and glazes.
- What is the difference between a pourable and a spreadable icing?
- Why is following the recipe important to the finished product?
- What can happen if a preparation step is not communicated to assistants?
- Who determines when and how the frosting/icing should be used?
- What determines the production and use of frostings/icings?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.