Produce a variety of cakes, using different mixing methods.
Production should include
- making pound, sponge/foam, angel, and high-ratio cakes
- using various mixing techniques, including creaming, whipping, and blending.
- What are some techniques to use when combining ingredients?
- What are the differences between types of cakes?
- What factors might cause a cake not to rise?
- What effect does pan color have on a baked item?
- What determines the types of cakes produced?
- Who determines when cakes are going to be prepared in advance?
- Who determines the types of cakes to be produced?
- How do proper cooling and storage affect labor and food cost?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Prepare breads, baked goods, and desserts using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.