Maintain financial records for a business.
Maintenance should include
- payable and receivable accounts
- legal fees
- advertising and promotion costs.
- Why is it important to maintain sound financial records?
- What are false statements?
- What are the consequences of making false statements?
- How can advertising enhance a food service business?
- What financial strategies are used to operate a food service business?
- How do marketing decisions affect the finances of a business?
- Who is responsible for maintaining accurate records?
- How do taxes affect the operation of a food service business?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the role of government in the Virginia and United States economies by
- describing the provision of government goods and services that are not readily produced by the market;
- describing government’s establishment and maintenance of the rules and institutions in which markets operate, including the establishment and enforcement of property rights, contracts, consumer rights, labor-management relations, environmental protection, and competition in the marketplace;
- investigating and describing the types and purposes of taxation that are used by local, state, and federal governments to pay for services provided by the government;
- analyzing how Congress can use fiscal policy to stabilize the economy;
- describing the effects of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy on price stability, employment, and the economy; and
- evaluating the trade-offs in government decisions.
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Career Connection: My Career
Career Connection: My Life
Career Connection: My Path
Career Connection: My Skills
Financial Fitness: Earning
Financial Fitness: Protecting
Financial Fitness: Spending
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Working on Working
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
Check the national FCCLA portal.
Culinary Math Management
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
National Programs in Action
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Demonstrate implementation of food service management and leadership functions.